Did you know that the winter is a great time to list your home for sale? Most people think they should list their home in the spring. Here is a list of reasons why you should't wait:
1. Did you know listing it to sell in the winter months means less competition. What does this mean for you? Less competition means you may sell your home faster and for more money for you. While everyone else is waiting for spring, you will have the pick of interested home buyers. Who wouldn't want that?
2. By selling in the winter months, it will be to your advantage. You may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money. This could allow you to sell high and buy low!
3. Purchasers that are looking for a home in the winter months are motivated and serious about buying. They are ready to buy. If someone is viewing homes instead of spending the holiday season with friends and family, they most likely need to buy a home quickly.
4. Employees get more time off during the holiday season and have more time for showings. In general, life slows down in the winter, and people have time to plan their home buying strategy.
5. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the holidays to capture that market! If the buyers have kids, they want them to get into school after the holidays.
5. No worries about a home buyer wanting to see you home when you have family in for the holidays. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it to show. You will remain in control.
6. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays. Decorations takes care of the need to improve curb appeal and the need for any home staging.
7. You can sell now and arrange for a delayed closing or a lease back from the buyer until early next year.
8. You can lock in an interest rate in the 4’s that is still historically low. Loans can be processed quicker because title companies aren't as busy.
9. Builders will cut back on new home construction inventory homes during the fall and winter months so buyers are forced to preowned homes.
10. Some people must reinvest "tax free exchange funds" for tax reasons. Some people also decide to invest their money before the end of the year for tax purposes.
The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2017, which will lessen the demand for your house.
Waiting until spring to sell your home probably doesn't make sense.
The sooner you put the wheels in motion the sooner you can sell and move on with your life.
According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR) more than 92% of today's buyer began the search for their home online. Winter does not stop buyers from searching online for a home. They are educated and know what they are looking for. When thinking of an agent to list your home with, be sure to check out their online presence. What would they do to advertise your home? What is their marketing strategy with social media. These things are very important to get your home in front of today's home buyers before the other seller's home catches the buyer's eye.
Ready to Sell?
When considering selling your home I hope you will contact me. I would love to meet with you and go over my marketing plan. I know you will find that I provide ways to get your home sold for the most money and in fewer days. Call or text me at 850-377-4410. I would love to hear from you today!